Sunday, February 19, 2017

ACES as an Advisor

I have attended ACES many times; as a member, as a State Officer, as a Penn State Avenger, to assist with the FFA Alumni and help chaperone, and this time, as an FFA advisor. It was such a great experience and I enjoyed getting to see my students outside of the school setting where they could have fun and grow as leaders. 




 
Upon arrival, I got to attend the teacher workshop where we heard about some cool classroom tools and resources. I slipped out to take pictures of my students in their workshops. I was able to find all fourteen of my students dispersed throughout the workshops. It was neat to see them participating and engaging. While taking pictures doesn't sound significant, I recall the many times I was in workshops and the teachers would walk around to take pictures of me and my peers. Now I'm the one doing this. It feels like I've been passed the baton and now I'm running the race. It's just a little piece of the greater picture of what teaching involves.



I helped chaperone the dance where there weren't any issues. I was also on courtesy corps. So after going to each room and checking in our students (one of which unfortunately had to go home due to feeling sick), I joined the other ag teachers in patrolling the halls. There really weren't any issues save for a few rooms that were a little loud. Other than that the night was quite peaceful. If anything, I was glad to see the process of courtesy corps and how the teachers handled the situations. 



I have no bad things to say about my experience at ACES. My students are GREAT and I love being able to mentor, advise, teach, and care for each of them. 


1 comment:

  1. I hope you had some great conversations with fellow ag teachers!

    ReplyDelete