Saturday, October 1, 2016

My Unit Plan Evaluation

We just finished our Model Unit Plan assignment and I am now looking over all of the feedback from the assignment. Overall, I think I had a pretty good start, however there are a few areas I need to revise.
crazydadlife.com

Peer Feedback

I did not have too much specific feedback from my peers, however they noted that my unit assessments section could be revised to make it into percentages (I originally had them as just point values). Another suggestion was to be more descriptive in some areas such as the FFA and SAE integration areas.

Professional Feedback

Some of the big things I needed to work on were objectives. I need to add in the criteria part for the objectives. Some have the criteria, but others I struggled to put a quantitative value or a specific learning indicator on it. I suppose I feel that some lessons or activities can't always be evaluated. And I feel that sometimes students need a day or two of learning about that same topic before that objective is truly completed. I still need practice with objectives, but I think not every activity or lesson fits perfectly in the "box" of objectives, if you can imagine such a thing.
smartertravel.com

Other than that, I just needed to be even more specific about certain sections. I already felt I was pretty specific, so I think I'm going to have reevaluate and add more details as per the suggestions. 

Reflective thoughts

I thought this assignment was hard! We had just learned about understanding by design, and working with the end in mind, but making a whole unit without knowing some of the specific details was hard. For example, knowing the realia when I didn't even know what I was doing for my lessons was challenging. I like the idea of starting with most sections of the unit plan and keeping the unknown parts a work in progress. I would then start my lesson plans. That way I can add realia or standards as I encounter them with my lesson plan into my unit plan. Establishing goals and having a general timeline for the unit is essential to the "end in mind" idea, however, so I definitely see the value in that. 

1 comment:

  1. Good thing this is the start and not the end :)

    Keep plugging along Ms. Kane! I know they will only continue to get better!

    ReplyDelete