Friday, April 7, 2017

PAAE in the South Central Region

I had the opportunity to attend the South Central Regional PAAE meeting. It was held at Cumberland Valley and many of the teachers across the region attended. During this time, students participated in the SOCS meeting (State Officer Candidacy School). We had several Greenwood students interested in running for state office or applying for the nominating committee that wanted to join. 



Being involved with the FFA and familiar with some of the PAAE tasks helped understanding the objectives of the meeting much easier. However, there were still a lot of things said that I felt I couldn't form an opinion on because of not having my own classroom or participating in certain events or discussions prior to the regional meeting. Despite this, it was still nice to sit and listen to the ag teachers and follow along with their concerns, questions, and discussion. I have an insider's view on what I might be doing in a few months!


Overall, it just reaffirmed my feelings on ag education and why ag teachers are amazing. Though there may be some disagreements or differing opinions, ag teachers care about the program and their students and work hard to make sure students, families, teachers, FFA staff, and community members are well taken care of. It makes me proud to be a part of Pennsylvania ag education and to see the great things teachers and students are doing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment